Melges 24 European Championship 2021
Cesta solinarjev 8
|30.10.2020||2021 Melges 24 European Sailing Series - Dates and Events Published|
|I Corinthian||Tõnu Tõniste||EST|
|I Overall||Andrea Racchelli||ITA|
|II Corinthian||Niccolò Bertola||ITA|
|II Corinthian||Marco Zammarchi||ITA|
|II Overall||Miles Quinton||GBR|
|II Overall||James Peters||GBR|
|III Corinthian||Marco Cavallini||ITA|
|III Overall||Tõnu Tõniste||EST|
Schedule of Event:
September 4-6 – Registration and Measurement
September 6 – Practice Race and Opening Ceremonies
September 7 - 11 – Racing at the Melges 24 European Championship 2021
September 11– Prize Giving and Closing Ceremonies
Only now, in the beginning of June, the organizers in Portoroz and IM24CA can say with a certainty that the 2021 Melges 24 European Championship will take place in Portoroz on given dates - September 4-11.
There's been lot of uncertainty on the road, but the obstacles have been solved and we are ready to go.
The Notice of Race is published and entry is open.
Marina Portoroz and YC Marina Portoroz are looking forward to welcome you in September!
Please note that the event will be limited to 50 boats and entries will be admitted based on time of form submission and entry fee payment. Due to the new arrangements in the Marina Portoroz the organizers and IM24CA were facing the fact of the limitation, but at that late stage moving to another venue is not really possible.
International Melges 24 Class and the organizers of the 2021 Melges 24 Europeans in Portoroz, Slovenia are optimistic about the upcoming event to be held on September 4-11.
It is the intention and goal of the Organizing Authority to hold this event as scheduled. As everyone can recognize, the COVID-19 pandemic is ongoing and many travel restrictions have been in place for some time.
Although the organizers are hopeful for improvements, the situation remains dynamic and it is not clear what changes in circumstances will occur as we move forward.
Therefore, we encourage you to start booking your accommodations since the owners of the hotels and apartments are very flexible with the booking terms as they are used to the challenging travel situation and have eased their terms.
If there are some restrictions still in place in September, the non-racing aspects of the event may need to be modified but the racing portion of the event will be held as planned.
We will be taking every step to meet our responsibilities to deliver a safe and controlled event and we adjust our actions and protocols to keep everyone safe in the Covid-19 pandemic.
The situation is being regularly monitored and any decisions that are made affecting the schedule of the event will be communicated to the class as soon as possible after being made.
March 26, 2021