Mobile/WhatsApp: +1 519-525-2379 | E-mail
Goderich, Ontario, Canada
Chief Measurer - Melges 24 IM
Mobile / WhatsApp: +386 51 301 053 | E-mail
Member Representative North America
Mobile / WhatsApp: +1 (250) 812-7723 | E-mail
Victoria, BC, Canada
GOES TO ELEVEN CAN-011
Member Representative Europe
Mobile/WhatsApp: +49 17 1176 4014 | E-mail
Galgenredder 42, 24837 Schleswig, Germany
HARRY MELGES III
Melges Performance Sailboats
N598 Zenda Road, Zenda, Wisconsin 53195, USA
The function of the Technical Committee is:
- To advise the IM24CA World Council and Executive Committee on any technical matters relevant to the Class.
- In conjunction with the Technical Department of the World Sailing, to ensure that the One Design control of the Class is properly exercised by the builders and suppliers in accordance with the Manufacturing specifications and Handbook.
- To investigate any query by a boat owner regarding the one design or specification of this boat, and to report to the Executive Committee.
- To consult with the COPYRIGHT HOLDER on any development of the boat or equipment deemed to be desirable as a result of sailing experience.
- To ensure that the boats used in the World and Continental Championships and major regattas comply with the Class Rules.
The Chairman of the Technical Committee shall be appointed by the World Council on an annual basis and shall serve on the Executive Committee ex officio without a vote and without being counted towards quorum.
The Technical Committee Chairman, with the approval of the Executive Committee, shall appoint a Committee of not less than three (3) and not more than ten (10) people who have the knowledge and the experience to serve on the technical committee.
The Technical Committee Chairman shall be appointed for his skills in fulfilling the position. The members of the Committee shall be actively involved with the Class, but need not be boat owners. They may be employed within the Marine Trade.