IM24CA Corinthian Division
All major IM24CA events incorporate a Corinthian Division for amateur crews and with fabulous racing and great prizes to offer, those amateur crew who don't register are really missing out. So, take action now to ensure your Corinthian status! Here's how it works:
As a World Sailing International Class the Melges 24 uses the World Sailing Sailor Categorization system to establish Corinthian status. The Sailor Categorization system provide events and classes with an international system of classification for sailors to provide a clear distinction between 'professional' and 'amateur' sailors. The Sailor Categorization Code defines how sailors are classified.
Our Class Rules state that to qualify as a Corinthian Crew the helm and crew members must all hold a current World Sailing Group 1 categorization which must be valid until after the final date of racing in the regatta. If you enter the Corinthian Division of an event, your crew list will be checked against the official online World Sailing Sailor List to confirm each individuals status before your Corinthian entry is ratified.
Registering with World Sailing and obtaining your Sailor Categorization is a simple two-step, free of charge, online process and takes only a few minutes. Although some applications are processed immediately any queries can delay the registration process by several weeks so don't leave registering till the last minute. Remember, if anyone on your crew isn't listed on World Sailing as either a Group 1 or Group 2 sailor we cannot accept your Corinthian entry!
- The first part of the process is to register your name and contact details with World Sailing and generate your World Sailing sailor ID.
- Once you have your ID you can obtain your log in and complete the World Sailing Sailor Categorization application form.
- Information required relates to:
- Personal/contact details.
- Sailing participation information to help us ascertain your skill level and experience as a sailor.
- Employment history: we require details pertaining to the past 24 months worth of employment and any other work carried out during that period.
- If your application is straight forward your status will confirmed within a few minutes of submitting your application.
- If there are any queries on your application it will be referred to World Sailing' Categorization Authority for a decision and they may contact you via the e-mail you used in your profile to request additional information. This happens quite often so it is essential to apply for your Categorization well in advance.
- Check the deadline for Corinthian entries in the Notice of Race of the event!
NOTE! World Sailing new, enhanced Sailor Dashboard and Categorisation system will be launched soon. If you have urgent Sailor Categorisation questions, please email the team at email@example.com.
For those of you who are already registered with World Sailing it is also important to remember that your Categorization is only valid for 2 years and needs to be renewed when it expires. Please check your entry on the World Sailing Sailor list and if your Categorization has expired, be sure to renew it as soon as possible.
Any question can be sent to World Sailing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget that all your crew members need to register, not just the helm!
At the Melges 24 World and Continental Championships a representative of the World Sailing Sailor Categorization Commission may be present during registration and may carry out spot checks and interviews.
- Indicate classification and the unique World Sailing sailor ID for each sailor on the entry form of the event if entering for the Corinthian Trophy.
- The closing date for the registration of Corinthian entries in general is 2 weeks before the event starts.
- Full details for the Corinthian Trophy can be found in IM24CA Championship rules.
The Corinthian Trophies shall be awarded as part of other International and Continental Championships.
The trophies are as follows: